Sunday, May 15, 2011

Home Sweet Home?

Well, a little Pingree-ite is somehow seeing more of the world than she ever thought imaginable. A little adventure never hurt anybody, but wow - I never thought South America would be in the cards for me. An offer to re-locate our little family turned into a 10 day trip for Jared & I - a crazy, long, & wild 10 day trip full of flying, driving, walking, more driving, more walking, more driving, & more flying. (I'm obviously not a very optimistic traveler, but hey, I'm an active mom, & active moms don't sit, but I'll get better at it...I think) ;). Of course I missed my girls tremendously who were having the time of their lives being spoiled rotten by Grandmas & Grandpas everywhere throughout Southeastern Idaho. (I'm so grateful for everyone who helped take care of them - I know I missed them more than they missed me :)!!

Anyway, after having created a decision tree (not once, but twice, wait, three times), we now know we need to cease this opportunity. We have a few months to prepare, but alas, the day will soon come when we take the plunge to Argentina for 2 years. Something about this upcoming transition has given me a new outlook on life, & I look forward to really sharing my testimony & heart with the people of Argentina. Here are a few of the sights we saw...

A private Catholic school. Pink is a popular color in Argentina.

A ridiculous poisonous snake I helped kill. Basically, I thought I was going to die. Okay, not really, but it was creepy. The snake was still alive & well when Jared took this picture. I was screaming in the back of a truck.

A glimpse of Quebracho (a ranch literally out in the middle of nowhere where Jared & I will be spending a lot of time).

More of Quebracho. The parrot nests were incredible.

Walking a neighboring street of our future new home. Primitive? Yes. Livable? Certainly...I think!

9 comments:

Meli said...

aaaaaaaaww how cool is that? you guys will do fine there!! i m excited for you to have the cultural experience from argentina

Malory Jensen said...

Sharee, this is really cool! When do you go? What will you be doing there?

Marcie said...

Oh wow, that will be an adventure for sure. Good luck... I know I would be scared to death to move to another country that isn't in Europe. :) I'm sure you guys will do great there and it will be an awesome experience! Good luck!

Patrick & Amber said...

Taylor is serving his mission in Argentina! He is in the Salta mission and is in Tucuman right now.

Stacey said...

Holy smokes! I can't believe it! I need details.

Jami said...

What a great adventure that will be. :)

Lacey said...

Crazy awesome! I can't wait to hear about your experiences.

Lisa said...

Oh, how exciting!!

Will you be willing to host visitors? Because I seriously want to come visit in a year or so. It will give my girls a chance to try out their Spanish!

(will you have a piano down there to play on?)

Bradley said...

Sharee! So sorry I didn't see your comment on our blog until just now. That location doesn't sound familiar to me but the streets in your pictures sure do look familiar! Argentina is Argentina I guess! I cant believe you are going to be over there! Good luck with everything!!