Thursday, August 25, 2011

West Coast Getaway

Last minute weekend getaways are the way to go.  Jared & I typically plan things months in advance, but the weekend before last, we went out on a limb and took a last minute two day trip to the west coast.  We even forgot the GPS, so my map reading skills were revisited (I didn’t do too bad until we got to Portland, but luckily, we hit a traffic jam, & I had sufficient time to figure things out;) ). 

  We first stopped off at Multnomah Falls just east of Portland.

DSC06136

DSC06138

DSC06139

 

DSC06146-1

DSC06147

Just before we got to Portland, we drove through Hood River, the birthplace of my Dad.  (The scene below was past Hood River, but it gives you an idea of how beautiful Oregon country is).  I love Oregon.  It’s so green & picturesque.  We passed a sign that read , “Elephant Garlic Festival – turn here!”  Oh, I so wish we would have turned!

DSC06154

After staying a night in Portland, we drove 90 miles to Seaside.  I have many memories there.  It’s a very quaint beach town full of petunias, seafood, surfers, homemade taffy, & multi-pedal bikes. 

DSC06158

A Jr. College Women’s Volleyball Tournament was going on at the road side end of the beach.  We were pushed through to the ocean side pretty quickly, so I missed taking any pictures of the actual tournament.

DSC06160

DSC06161

DSC06164

DSC06175

DSC06181

DSC06183

DSC06185

DSC06186

DSC06189

DSC06192

The Seaside Candyman had 150 different flavors of homemade taffy.  The list of flavors was unbelievable.  Almond Roca, Banana Marshmallow, Blueberry Cheesecake, Chocolate Chip Cookie, Christmas Peppermint, Irish crème, Mint Oreo, Root Beer Float, Peanut Butter & Jam, Pink Lemonade…I’ll stop already.

Jared snuck a Green Jalapeno flavor in.  Bad idea.

DSC06208

DSC06218

Heading home before the typical rainfall. 

DSC06219

We hope to see you again Seaside.

2 comments:

Carin said...

That looks like a wonderful getaway! The falls are stunning. And your girls are really sweet- what a wonderful family you have!

Katie said...

I love Seaside and Multinomah Falls. How fun, I am glad you guys got to go on a fun getaway. Your girls look so cute on the beach.