Monday, October 31, 2011

Digging Deep

October has proven to be a whirlwind of unique challenges that have forced me to dig deep.  Life does that, doesn’t it? – it makes us dig deep.  We find out what we’re made of when it matters most.  When times get tough, our true character comes out and teaches us who we really are.  A church leader of mine use to always say, “Life isn’t for sissies.”  Yeah, I believe it.

The flu found us.  Strep throat found us.  And the ashes from the volcano eruption in Chile last year found us (giving me a nasty nasty respiratory infection).  I’ve been to the doctor a few times which has been an experience in & of itself.  Think sea green.  Think ripped foam chairs.  Think a waiting room about 12’ X 15’ full of 20 people.  Think 1960s.  Wild.  (I’m on medicine that tastes like…I don’t know what it tastes like, but I can assure you, it’s very very gross).

We learned how to live without electricity for over a week.  Line drying is doable, but very time consuming.  

Never fear I say.  We Wolfley’s will make a come back, & it’s gonna’ be huge.  In the meantime, here’s my happy helper & our favorite dish as of lately, empanadas (homemade and all) ;).

DSC06675-1

 DSC06695

5 comments:

Nielsen's said...

Hope you get feeling better soon!! I sure think you're right about digging deep and seeing who we really are! I enjoy seeing Argentina :)

Stacey said...

I'm going to need your empanada recipe. That may be the best thing that comes from this experience. :) j/k Sharee you're amazing and I'm glad you're hanging in there. I love seeing your updates. Experiences like the one you're having make you very grateful for things you never thought much of. I love you!

Malory Jensen said...

Sorry to hear about your infections! Hope things are on the up and up!

Julie Jackson said...

Sure wish we could trade places with you! Hope you get feeling better really soon. We love you lots!

lacey said...

oh my I am so sorry! Hang in there I love hearing your stories and we are praying for you guys in this amazing experience!