Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Day In The Life…

DSC07100

Seasons are a wonderful thing.  I must admit, my mind has been favoring colored leaves, the scent of homemade pumpkin pie, turkey crafts, & family togetherness.  I even have a few measly autumn-ish décor items around our apartment, but when I open the window to a blazing sun coupled with dirt in the face, it’s a little hard to get in the holiday spirit.  Is Thanksgiving really almost here?  Oh, it’s hard to believe.  (I think I’ll make a pumpkin pie out of squash & invite the missionaries over.)

These days it’s all about the end of school in sight, sunblock, swimming, visiting the farm(s), & looking for iguanas.  (That hole behind Carlie is an iguana hole.  Um, what?  I didn’t realize that until after I took this picture.)

DSC07091

DSC07097

We didn’t see one, but maybe next time.  Jared said they’re all over the place.  Carlie had fun picking flowers in her MC Hammer pants & penguin shoes that I can’t get rid of.

DSC07092

DSC07088-1

DSC07089

On the other hand, the farms are in full swing down here.  Wheat harvest is right around the corner…corn & soy beans were planted several weeks ago…it’s a beautiful time of year.

DSC07106

DSC07084

DSC07081

DSC07113

DSC07110

AND last but not least, I present to you an old shelter used during the annual youth treks.  Yes, yes…very authentic looking.  It makes me want to wear a sombrero & ride a mule.  (Hmmm…maybe I will.)

DSC07115

3 comments:

shelly said...

The farm looks beautiful! I suppose it's better to go from summer here to summer there as opposed to double winter. Except do they even get real cold? Anyway, you're a sweetie to think of inviting over the missionaries for some traditional feasting. I'm sure they'll love it. We're thinking of you and hope all is well!

Julie Jackson said...

That Iguana hole looked pretty freaky! Yikes!! If you decide to ride a mule and wear a Sombrero make sure you post the pictures. Our little Carlie an Annmarie look so darn cute! Love ya

Malory Jensen said...

It looks like you are in Idaho! :) I know you are far from Idaho, but the fields and tractors look so familiar! Love all the pictures and you look great btw.