Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Coming Home

            Here are a few great pictures of my little brother’s homecoming last Tuesday, January 3rd.  (Photo courtesy of whoever was using my mom’s camera.)  Oh, how I wish I could have been there!

I love these two women in all their anxiousness.  Classic.

DSC00465

Is this a dream?!  Is it really him?!  (The security guard was getting seriously nervous.  He actually looks completely oblivious, but I heard he was pacing due to loud screams from the mother in orange.)

DSC00467

DSC00468

DSC00469

DSC00475-1

DSC00474

DSC00478

But wait…can it be??  Who is that pregnant woman with two tiny travelers?

DSC00485

A day late, but we made it!  It only took 34 long hours of traveling, but yes, the girls & I are home in Idaho now for a few weeks.  Jared was able to travel with me up until Atlanta, but after that, I was on my own. 

I was bawling my eyes out.

DSC00486

DSC00489

When you’re safe at home you wish you were having an adventure.  When you’re having an adventure you wish you were safe at home.”  - Thornton Wilder

4 comments:

shelly said...

What a perfect quote. I'm so happy you can get some home time. And there are few things as awesome as a missionary reuniting with his family after 2 years. LOVE it! Enjoy your family time =)

Marcie said...

Aww, what a happy reunion. Brings tears to my eyes. Every time I see a missionary reuniting with his family at an airport I almost start bawling. I hope you have a great time with your family!

Malory Jensen said...

Sharee, I can't believe you traveled 34 hrs to come home (with two kids). Your girls (and you) look so happy to see your family!! And Congrats on the pregnancy, if I haven't already told you!!!

Lacey said...

I'm so glad you made it home for the welcome home. I'm sure your mom was in heaven and wait a sec? did you say pregnant? How awesome! Congrats! I expect to have a post about that soon.