Monday, January 2, 2012

Warming the Heart

I’ve always loved missionaries.  Growing up, it seemed like missionaries were always in our home.  Now it seems like missionaries are always in my home. 

I always thought I would serve a mission someday.  Being here is a different type of mission, but in many ways, I feel like I’m just one of the missionaries…with the added benefit of an ideal companion ;)!

On Christmas Day, we were surrounded by missionaries who were anxiously awaiting their turn to call home.  Between the internet & our international phone, we were a communication hub, & it was priceless.  Their faces upon hearing their families’ voices is something I’ll never forget.  I even heard one mom screaming through the phone - it was incredible.  The love their families have for them is contagious.  I am so grateful for the opportunity we have to be around these missionaries.

DSC07649

DSC07651

DSC07590

DSC07652

And of course I wouldn’t let them go without making them sing my favorite Christmas carols around the piano.

DSC07594

Speaking of missionaries, my dear little brother Nathan will be returning home from the Roseville, California mission…tomorrow at Noon.  I love you Elder Jackson.

3 comments:

kguiness said...

How fun! Hope you can host my nephew:):))

Marcie said...

How neat for you to be there when the missionaries called home! I'm sure that was touching. I bet you guys are a blessing to all those missionaries.

Lacey said...

How wonderful to be able to help those missionaries. I'm sure they were so thankful. How exciting your brother is home too. I love your christmas video and your girls are darling!