Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Locational Thoughts

DSC05511

Our family has been here for 6 months now.  That’s amazing to me.

Although I’m not fluent in Spanish yet, I’ve come a long ways, & that’s all that matters. 

I’ve struggled.

I’ve learned.

I’ve grown.

I’m better at facing challenges head-on.  I see the world differently.  I cling to my husband. 

I listen more than I speak.

I pray more.

I have to. 

You see, I’ve never really wanted to see the world.  I’m not afraid to travel, but I’m content with documentaries. 

It’s funny how a healthy childhood draws a person to duplicate it perfectly.

Sometimes it doesn’t always work out that way.

That’s okay.

Being a mommy doesn’t mean being stationed in a certain location.  It’s the same routines, the same activities, the same demands. 

Thank goodness for that, right? 

I can be a good mom no matter where I live.  Not perfect, but good,

and that’s good enough.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful. And true. Miss seeing you!

shelly said...

Well put. I think about trying to duplicate my childhood a lot, and I know it's dumb. I know you're doing awesome and it's going to be weird when you come back to the states and miss Argentina!! =)

Malory Jensen said...

I love that you are able to keep some normalcy in an un-normal situation by keeping your regular routines. You are a good mom!!

Julie Jackson said...

None of us are perfect. As long as we are trying every day that is all that matters. Love ya!

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

You are such a brave woman Sharee! I am so amazed by you. You are a light wherever you go. We miss you dearly and think about you often.