Friday, June 1, 2012

Baby Shower

A few days before I came back to the United States, the Relief Society in our branch threw me an amazing baby shower.  I feel so blessed.  I didn’t deserve it.

1-DSC08441

A recent reactivated member insisted on playing live music.  It was priceless.

1-DSC08418

The sister missionaries were more than supportive as usual.  I love these American girls so much.

1-DSC08417

They even sang a special musical number in my honor – Enrique Iglesias’ ‘I Can Be Your Hero, Baby.’  That’s right, it was awesome.  I didn’t know whether or not to laugh my head off or cry.  I did both.

1-DSC08427

The food was fabulous.  Our Relief Society President is a professional cook, and I’m not just saying that. For real, she’s amazing.

1-DSC08435

A few ladies that I’d never even met came out.  They caught word and decided to join the party.  They were really getting into the matching game.

1-DSC08429

I was surrounded by dear friends like Elsa, my visiting teaching companion.  Her laugh is contagious.  The first time we went visiting teaching together, we had a misunderstanding about who was suppose to drive.  When we finally figured out that it was in fact me, I rushed to pick her up, but she was already walking to our appointment down a busy road in her dress & high heels; sweet dedication at its finest.

1-DSC08420

My visiting teacher, Maria:

1-DSC08430

Rocio – this girl is one of the most compassionate people I’ve ever met.  She always tries to talk to me in English to help me feel more comfortable.  She always offers to babysit our girls.  I just love her.

1-DSC08471

Almost every gift I received was handmade – clothes, blankets, diaper holders, burp clothes, everything.

1-DSC08463

1-DSC08467

Thank you so much Venado Tuerto RS.  I will miss you.

DSC08470

3 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

That is so sweet and thoughtful of them. You definitely deserve it though!!

shelly said...

I'm so happy you got thrown an awesome shower and I don't mean to be disrespectful to their kindness, but I just have to say that I want "I will be your hero, baby" played at my next shower =)

Julie Jackson said...

I just love those Sisters for looking out for my daughter! Great pictures! Love ya!