Thursday, June 21, 2012

Turning 28

1-DSC08583

I’m on the fence about turning 28 yesterday.  I once knew a girl who told me that growing old was fun.  I think about that a lot.  As my husband always says, “It’s all a matter of perspective.”  This is true.  When I’m 35, I’ll think 28 is young, so I might as well think it’s young now.  Celebration is in order all month long.

I prefer milkshakes on my birthday, so we called an urgent family meeting at Rupe’s to scrap cake & grab a shake.

Delicious…and motivating.  I’m pretty sure that in the above picture I’m deciding that the last 2 years of my 20s are going to be wild.  Maybe I’ll get a manicure…or start wearing jewelry.  Better yet, I might even find me a fashionable pair of shoes or a cute outfit on-line.  Okay, that last one might be living on the edge.

2 comments:

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

Happy Birthday Sharee! I had to laugh reading your post... we are a lot alike except I DO like getting older (I know, I'm weird like that. I feel like I'm a little wiser every year... even though its actually the opposite I think!) and I did start wearing jewelry in my late 20s but I have yet to get a manicure, wear fashionable shoes, or buy a cute outfit (for myself) online...that's just crazy talk!. Maybe next year. Miss you guys!

Lacey said...

I hope you had a great birthday. Those are good goals. Maybe I'll try them out. Haha. I miss Rupes. My grandpa used to take me there. Eat there again for me!