Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Creative Endeavor

1-DSC_0055-001

I’ve had a pit of uneasiness lately during a few of my students’ piano lessons. 

It has nothing to do with them or the fact that January seems to be the hardest month to rekindle motivation and practice with purpose again…   

but more to do with this little monkey ^^^^ who as of late, vocally protests any piano lesson that he’s awake to hear.  Thankfully, I have understanding students and helpers who demonstrate kind patience.  I tease my students that he does not prefer that song they are playing; it’s really just a matter of taste (j/k).

I feel like he’s doing this all day long - poor thing.  

1-DSC00856

And when I enforce stroller (or highchair), this is the look he maintains:

1-DSC00907

Oh, it tests my patience sometimes…but I just have to remind myself that someday he’ll be a man (possibly with facial hair as Carlie discussed today), and these moments won’t last forever.  I’m a different (hopefully, more patient) mother than I was with my first, and I see his anxiety as opportunity to realign priorities and try to figure out this budding personality of his. 

3 comments:

Julie said...

He is really getting big and is so cute! Can't wait to see him again.

Tyandra Perez said...

He is so cute Sharee. Makes it a little easier to be patient when they're cute. haha

Marcie said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Will is very clingy during my piano lessons and can be difficult as well. It must be the age. :)