Saturday, May 31, 2014

Carlie is 5

I hope you’re having a great weekend!  How is it June tomorrow?  Earlier this week we celebrated Carlie’s 5th Birthday.  The past 5 years have been an amazing adventure with this spunky, determined personality in our lives.  Carlie is growing up too fast, and sometimes when I look at her, I know it’s the face I’ll always remember as she continues to blossom into a beautiful girl and successful woman.  She came into this world with a big sister who loves and guides and challenges her daily.  She has constantly fought for her own path in this life, convinced that she can do anything on her own.  She started walking at 9 months old, she sang (and screeched!) before she could talk, and she’s always been able to charm tough situations with her smile that melts and her sense of humor that catches me off guard and brightens my day!     

DSC01187

5 memorable things Carlie has done this past year are (drumroll please):

1) pre-school with Teacher Michelle twice a week

DSC01173

2) gymnastics

3) hug her favorite princesses

DSC01076

4) sing a vocal solo in two recitals (so proud of our little diva)

5) AND recently nurture a real caterpillar into a beautiful butterfly - so neat! :)

DSC01165

DSC01160

Carlie is our beautiful butterfly, and we love her so much.  I’m so grateful for her excitement for life, and I hope she never forgets the love we have for her.  I can’t help but think of an old song my dad use to play on the piano while my grandpa played the harmonica and I sang: Turn around and you’re two, turn around and you’re four, turn around and you’re a young girl going out of the door. 

(At least not today) ;)

DSC03942

DSC03948

DSC04649

DSC05011

IMG 0310

 

 

 

2 comments:

Stacy Jackson said...

She is absolutely beautiful! We love her so much. Grandpa & Grandma Jackson

Marcie said...

She is a beautiful girl! I seriously can't believe she's 5 already. Her cake is really cute!