Friday, June 13, 2014

AnnMarie the Ballerina

AnnMarie was an Elementary Ballerina for the Academy of Ballet this past school year, & she performed in an end-of-year recital at the Columbia River Park last Saturday.  It couldn’t have been on a better night - the weather was PERFECT!  She looked beautiful, and both Jared & I were impressed with her careful grace.  It’s been tricky to watch her during her class time with my two other kiddos in tow, but she took her instruction very seriously, & it showed in her performance.

DSC 0390

DSC 0392

DSC 0396

DSC 0397

DSC 0400

As I watched her dance across the stage with such delicacy, it brought a tear to my eye.  I am so grateful for a daughter who values following the rules to a T.  I am grateful for a daughter who cares about others’ feelings.  I am grateful for her desire to share her budding testimony of the gospel.  I enjoy talking with her about all that goes on during her day or listening to her concerns about how to be a better friend to this person or that person.  She is growing up to be such a special person, and I love her.   

DSC 0402

DSC 0403

DSC 0405

DSC 0407

Such a proud face! ^^^^^

DSC 0409

DSC 0415

Great job Anna-Maria Ballerina (as we like to call her in our best spanish accents)! ;)

2 comments:

Stacy Jackson said...

Anna-Maria Ballerina!! This comment is for you: You looked absolutely beautiful and so graceful on that stage. Grandma is so proud of you!

Steph Thomas said...

That is adorable. I am hoping to put Allison in a dance class this fall.