Friday, October 3, 2014

Grateful in All Things

Today I am feeling grateful for so many things in my life.  

This morning it was my daughters and the love they have for each other.  Every October, spirit week ends with the annual Jog-a-Thon.  Students receive donations based on the number of laps they can run in one hour.  Carlie’s goal was to run 15 laps.  AnnMarie’s goal was to make sure Carlie achieved her goal. :)  It was amazing to see AM set a pace that pushed C to the end.  These two are runners!!  They both accomplished their goals, and it was inspiring to myself (and others) to see AM’s dedication to her little sis.  

IMG 0024

IMG 0025

Later today my gratitude came from this picture of my big brother and his family.  Man, I’m grateful for the way they make me laugh.  The 80s stack:    

10644139 10152774613622733 8012681332774905619 o

I found myself touching my washer and dryer for a few seconds today.  My heart overflowed with gratitude over the simple fact that it was dependable…working…and washing/drying so many clothes all at once.  I had a quick flashback to my days in Argentina when line drying was all I had.  I have so much to be grateful for right now in my life.  

Happy Conference Weekend!!  

3 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

Such a fun post. Those are great little runners. We never had a washer or dryer growing up. In fact we never had running water growing up so we took our clothes into Billings and used a laundry mat to wash our clothes and then came home and hung them up on the clothes line. It is so nice to have a washer and dryer inside my own house:) It is the little things isn't it:)

JLH said...

We just had Canadian Thanksgiving - so enjoyed reading this post. And I definitely understand that gratitude for a dryer and how much fits in one load. Though, that said, I find our washer that we had in Germany may have been small but it cleaned way better than the "top of the line" model we apparently have now. But, oh how I am grateful to have dry, fluffy clothes so easily.

JLH said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.