Thursday, February 5, 2015

Life Lately in 2015

DSC 1207

Here we are in 2015.  Amazing!  It’s been a cold, cold winter outside.  I’ve come to more fully appreciate what it means to ‘make it your ambition to lead a quiet life.’  It’s not always easy to keep a calm atmosphere when we’re anxiously awaiting blue skies & sunshine, but we’re finding ways to enjoy our time indoors and keep the days moving forward.

DSC 1212

 ^^^AnnMarie LOVES to read.  She amazes us with her ability to navigate through so many books.  She’s currently reading the Whatever After series.^^^

DSC 1185

^^^This is Luke at 5 weeks old.  I took some pictures of him today (7.5 weeks), and wow, it’s fun to see how much he’s changed since these pictures were taken.  His hair is something else!  It’s my new excuse for everything:  “Oh, I would love to, but I have to wash my baby’s hair.”  j/k ^^^  

IMG 0459

IMG 0468

AnnMarie & Carlie have been taking a 5 week ice skating course at the Toyota Center.  Their class is about 20 minutes long, but the remainder of the hour is free skate.  I’m not going to lie, they haven’t always finished with smiles on their faces.  I’m telling you people, it’s harder than it looks!  They’ve come a long way though, and I’m impressed with their progress.  Carlie wears a helmet which has really come in handy. :)

DSC01515

DSC01516

We went on our first outing as a family of 6 last Saturday.  We found a fun barbecue pit in town, and it reminded us so much of our days in Texas.  It felt GREAT to get out & about…enjoying the fresh air and eating some seriously delicious food.  

IMG 0496

IMG 0504

Nothing like soft serve ice cream and fish lips to help your day out.

2 comments:

shelly said...

We love Dickies! Of course all of your kids are adorable, and I am so impressed with Ann Marie's reading, but that baby is seriously handsome! Awesome pics:)

Stacey said...

Sharee- Your kids are so cute. I love that pic of Gabe and Luke is such a handsome little guy. Bri is loving that same Whatever After series right now. We need to get her and AnnMarie together to play! :) I remember taking my family of 6 out the first couple of times. It felt like we were a huge family!! Love ya!