Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Blessing Day

Last month (on Sunday, March 8th) Luke received a very special blessing from his dad known as a baby blessing.  (This type of blessing provides opportunity to give a baby an official name and to bless their physical & spiritual welfare.) The specifics of Luke's blessing are recorded in my journal thanks to a good friend who had the foresight to write everything down that was stated in the moment (thanks Kiersten!).  Although all four of my children’s baby blessings have been special, Luke’s was especially powerful considering the circumstances.  It was really great to spend a weekend with my mom, brothers & their families, and my husband’s family.  Luke was the first of by babies to be blessed in our home ward.  In the past we’ve had our babies blessed in Idaho where all of our family members were able to participate, but this time they all came to us!  He wore a darling little white tux that his Grandma Wolfley gave to him.   

DSC 1435

DSC 1443

One thing I’ve learned about having a ginger baby with blue eyes is that everyone can’t help but comment about it!!  I love having this sweet little redhead around more than words can say; I sure hope his color keeps.  

DSC 1314

I tried to capture a picture of everyone that came, but it didn’t happen with all the hustle & bustle of dinner preparation afterwards.  Anyway…here’s the best of my attempt. :)  Feeling grateful for family and the support we received on this momentous occasion.

DSC 1347

DSC 1350

DSC 1358

DSC 1364

DSC 1394

No comments: