Friday, May 15, 2015

Happy 5 Months, Luke!

DSC 1525

Luke Boy!

What a joy he has been these past 5 months!  He is officially rolling over, scooting backwards when he’s on his back, and sleeping for about 8 hours every night.  He raises his little eyebrows when he smiles at me, and it melts my heart every time.  He does pretty good sitting in his bouncer seat while I work in the kitchen, but not for long before he gets the stiff back and tries to scoot out.  His red coloring certainly brings a new feel into our home.  We love it and feel so blessed to have him in our family.

I like how this picture shows our CD player in the background.  Lately when he starts showing me that he’s ready for nap time, I turn on my Calee Reed CD and hold him upright as he looks over my shoulder.  I sway back and forth and stare out the window while I sing along for about 3-4 songs, reflecting on heaven and such, then bam, his whole body goes limp and he's out like a light. Is it even possible for him to have a favorite song?  Maybe not, but if he did it would be "Better Than a Hallelujah” because he starts cooing during that one every time.  

So...thank you, Calee Reed.  My baby seems to really like you, haha!


1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow! He looks more like Carlie everyday. I was blessed to be able to see him be born. He has been our light in the family through a very dark time. So blessed to have him here. Cant wait to see him again.