Sunday, March 27, 2016

EASTER & the general women's conference

DSC 2338 2

DSC 2339 2

The General Women’s Conference last night was just awesome.  I look forward to it all year long…especially now that I get to take one of my daughters with me!  And I love that it fell on Easter weekend this year.  We attended the broadcast in our stake center next to the Columbia River Temple.  The overall feeling I came away with was that service needs to be our purpose in life…ever reaching out to those in our circle of influence.  I especially loved the question to consider — “What if their story were my story?" 

Cheryl A. Esplin said, "We live in a contentious world. We give service when we don’t criticize, when we refuse to gossip, when we don’t judge, when we smile, when we say thank you, and when we are patient and kind.”  

Another favorite came from Niell F. Marriott:  “What does the Savior do continually?  He nurtures.  He creates.  He encourages growth and goodness.  Women and sisters, we can do these things!"

Happy Easter!  The promise of the Resurrection is real!  I find no greater joy than in my efforts to be an honest disciple of Christ.  I need Him every day, and I’m grateful to revere Him now and always.

Meme bible john peace 1342009 tablet

4 comments:

JLH said...

Love this! I was telling my husband the other day that I am so looking forward to our daughter being 8 and enjoying the conference with me. What an awesome opportunity. And I can totally relate to your thumb sucking post. Our first born was a thumb sucker and our second a finger sucker.

Also, since you asked, I use Lightroom to process (and organize) all my digital pictures. It's pretty cost effective and does everything you could possibly need. Unless you want to start splicing pictures and doing some major retouching. I usually just adjust the colouring, white balance, and exposure a bit and have it as a preset. And then, for the ease of it, we print at Costco. The quality is good enough for pictures that you are putting on the wall that you aren't looking to be heirloom pictures. There are plenty of places online that you can order from and have it delivered to you for higher, studio quality prints but I wouldn't know a place to recommend in the US. Hope the long-winded question helps! The best thing I've done lately picture-wise is actually start printing my blog via Blurb. The kids LOOOOOOVE the books I print.

Stacey said...

I love your updates and seeing your sweet kiddos. It was so fun to talk to you the other day. I am so grateful for our friendship. Glad you're enjoying some warmer weather! Isn't it so much fun that we get to take our girls with us to the general women's meetings now? I love it! And that meeting was amazing. Love ya Sharee!

The Wolfleys said...

AnnMarie looks so grown up in these photos and you look beautiful Sharee. What a neat experience that you get to take your girls with you to the women's broadcast now. I can't wait until Charlee is old enough to get to enjoy those special times together as well. Excited to see you guys in a few weeks.

Julie said...

My BEAUTIFUL girls. I love those pictures. You are one amazing Mom Sharee. Love always, Mom