Hi everyone! What are you doing today? It is a normal day for us, but we will celebrate Thanksgiving on Saturday. I think all countries should celebrate Thanksgiving, what is the deal?!
When my father-in-law came, he spent the first week touring two of the farms Jared oversees - Los Perales & El Quebracho. These farms are located in a northeastern province of Argentina called Entre Rios.
While visiting Los Perales, they went to a little town called La Paz where lies the massive Rio Paraná. This river runs through Brazil, Paraguay, & Argentina, and is the second largest river in South America next to the Amazon.
Jared’s fishing line got stuck in this:
Kim caught a Golden Dorado, one of the greatest sporting fishes in South America. These babies have sharp teeth.
Jared caught this creepy looking Surubi, a type of catfish.
I love how they still managed to have an Argentine Asado on the bank of the river. Have I mentioned that Argentines love meat?? They eat red meat all the time.
Goodbye La Paz. Those beautiful purple trees (jacarandas) are everywhere here.
Here is a glimpse of Los Perales:
These Braford beef cattle look intense.
Then it was on to El Quebracho, the other farm & cattle ranch in Entre Rios.
I love this next picture of Jared. Sometimes I can’t believe that my husband is in the middle of nowhere in South America…on a horse! Notice the horse’s tail – all horse tails are chopped blunt like that.
Jared, thank you for working so hard & for being such an amazing provider. This is you living your dream. Please watch out for poisonous snakes and cacti. I love you.
Pretty please check back tomorrow to know how you can give an Argentine child Christmas for less than $3.00. I’m serious.
I’m up to something big, and I need your help.
Love, Sharee
1 comment:
Very interesting photos! They bring back so many memories of when your brother Kyle was serving his mission. Looks like the guys had a great time again! Love ya
Post a Comment