Eight years ago from May a bright blue-eyed light was born into our family.
We named her Carlie Joy.
It was such a beautiful day...one I will never forget.
I remember thinking forward to her 8th birthday, wondering what she'd look like...knowing the milestone it'd be. Oh, how she's become a piece of my heart, especially through the hardships of her strong personality that's really stretched us as parents.
I know all children have meltdowns, but we went through several years of very difficult days and tantrums -- trying all sorts of tactics to help her feel at peace and better navigate her emotions. It was not easy, specifically in Argentina when she suffered from a series of illnesses that certainly affected her sleep and behavior problems. Shortly after our return to the States (when she was 4-yrs. old), she underwent a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy. This was a turning point for Carlie (and for all of us, really), and somewhere around 1st grade we really noticed some changes. Gymnastics and soccer became a big part of her life, and her self-confidence was truly beginning to blossom.
She was only 5-yrs.old when my Dad passed away. I know she feels the impact of his absence at times, perhaps through me, but she had a special bond with "Papa Stacy," and I know he loved her dearly, too.
And now here she is - eight years old. What a special life you've lived thus far my sweet girl! You're more beautiful than I could've ever imagined.









1 comment:
Beautiful post and beautiful girl! Our little 8 year old is still throwing us for a loop as she learns to navigate her emotions, as you put it. 😬 I hope you're enjoying Utah!
Post a Comment