Tuesday, November 20, 2018

moments I want to remember (from Farmington, UT)

Hello! My goodness, I can't believe this week is baby week! We are so excited to welcome a new family member into our world on Friday...or really, any day now! I've been cleaning pictures off of my iPhone, scrubbing bathrooms, finishing up assignments for the semester (I survived!), hanging pictures, and trying to give the kids as much attention as possible before a newborn enters the scene.

I've been wanting to share a number of pictures from this past year. I think the only way to really do that without taking multiple days to update every memorable snippet of our life with a lengthy write-up is to share some of my favorite photos from 2018 with quick captions. I'll still probably take multiple days to go through these photos, but I'm okay with that, too. I could do an entire post on each of these pictures, but for now I'll take heart in knowing that these special times were acknowledged.

I joined a produce co-op while we lived in Farmington, UT made up of about 20 women. Two times p/month I would walk around the corner to my friend's house on the next street over to help sort baskets and subsequently, bring my share home. Luke would drive his gator and insist on loading up our goods in the back of his "vehicle." He felt like such a big boy, and I'll always remember how reckless he drove on those sidewalks while I chased after him to "Slow down!"


I sat on the boys' bed a lot at night, especially in those early months of pregnancy, and told them all sorts of stories -- fairy tales, Book of Mormon stories, and memories from my childhood. It seems like we read Elmer the Elephant and Scuffy the Tugboat a lot, too. The girls would sneak in after their showers and listen before Jared shooed them off to bed.



Carlie did such a wonderful job in gymnastics at USA Gymnastics World in Woods Cross, UT with Coach Kera. She was on the Hot Shots Elite Team, which was an intersquad group that competed only against their personal best scores (and each other) at several different intrasquad meets throughout the year. We loved watching her on all the events, and by the end of the year in late May she had finally reached her goal of getting her back handspring in the Level 3 floor routine and getting her mill circle on the Level 3 bar routine. I'll always remember sitting on those cold bleachers while she practiced twice p/week, trying to study for my Audiology Rehabilitation class -- so glad that's over, btw! Occasionally, AnnMarie would come with me to pick her up. One time we realized that we were dressed exactly alike, which was definitely worth having someone take a picture of, haha!







Our wrestling experience in Utah was truly remarkable. It was our first time jumping into the wrestling world as parents, and we couldn't have handpicked a better location to initiate ourselves into this upcoming lifestyle than Davis County, UT -- because let's be honest, when you marry into the Wolfley family there just really isn't much of a choice, haha!

Gabe was a member of the Tech Youth Wrestling Club in Centerville, UT, and Jared volunteered a lot of his time in helping to coach the beginner group. The facility was especially nice, which accommodated some pretty intense practices, and Gabe took to it so quickly. He's a nervous wreck most days, and we feel like wrestling is a great tool for him -- channeling the perfectionist in him, building character, and teaching the value of hard work and integrity. I can't even begin to count how many tournaments he participated in between the Winter Folkstyle Season and the Spring Freestyle and Greco-Roman Season. Ultimately, he ended up winning State Champion in both the Freestyle and Greco-Roman state tournaments at the Legacy Center for the 42-lb. weight class. These are moments that will undoubtedly stay with me forever.






I'll finish the night off with this sweet picture of Luke that brings back a flood of good memories. Being renters certainly had its perks. There were so many little house things that didn't even bother me, and I spent a lot of afternoons just pushing Luke in the swing while the other kids were within walking distance at school. Such a warm, homey neighborhood that will always have a piece of my heart.




No comments: