Monday, July 4, 2016

Spring Break & The Flying Pig Farm

Well, hello again!  How are you?  I’ve missed you.  We’re enjoying summer, but here I am in July - finally catching a moment to breathe and reflect on the beautiful season spring was.  Spring Break in April was the perfect time to rejuvenate and get our wits about us in order to jump into the busy end-of-school-year mayhem.  Jared took the kids on a ride or two through the yard in this rig.  I loved watching Luke’s face through it all; he was pretty nervous, but yet I know he really enjoyed it.

DSC 2471

DSC 2476

DSC 2487

DSC 2434

^^^ A front yard picnic during lunchtime. ^^^

I love picnics in the yard and find myself doing them a lot these days.  

The kids and I took the four hour drive to "The Flying Pig Farm" in Kuna, Idaho to visit my mom & Grandpa Brad for the first time as a new married couple.  As Carlie likes to say, "Wow...just wow.”  (She is so funny about life; I love her grateful heart.)  I fell in love with Kuna and the feeling I had there.  I know Heavenly Father’s hand is in all things; I find great comfort knowing that my mom has a special companion by her side.  With each step I take through this journey, perspective is altered.  Blessings are emerging through the heartache, and I’m learning that God’s plan knows no bounds.      

I foresee many great trips ahead of us to Kuna, and I’m grateful that my children have another grandpa to love in their lives.

DSC 2522

DSC 2541

DSC 2593

DSC 2600

DSC 2611

2 comments:

shelly said...

Oh my goodness, the kids on the farm are so cute! I'll have to show my kids these pictures in the morning because the pigs are smiling! I didn't know they did that =) Also, we just finished Charlotte's Web, so it's seems fitting. I'm glad your mom has some companionship and you are seeing the good.

Julie said...

I too fell like Carlie, "Wow, just wow"! Absolutely amazing life. I feel so blessed and so happy even among all the heart ache.