Sunday, October 15, 2017

That Fun Dad

I feel like my husband is a kid at heart which is one of the many reasons why he is such a great Dad. Over the past year or so, I've overheard a few of my girls' friends call him a "Fun Dad," and I couldn't agree more. He loves to teach our kids how to play sports, he's really good at telling corny jokes that are so bad they're actually good - usually soliciting a, "Nice one, Dad," and he loves sneaking treats. He's known around here for his tootsie roll trivia which by the way is no joke! He always has a tootsie roll handy, especially on road trips -- ready to toss whenever someone is smart enough to answer one of his brain busters: math equation, random history fact, spelling word, or geography question.

I came across these pictures of him from Memorial Day Weekend when we took a road trip to Silverwood Theme Park (near Coeur d'Alene, ID) as part of AnnMarie's MOJO Marimba Band Tour.


He insisted on going on the bumper boats multiple times, and it was truly one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen! He took it so seriously and even got in trouble by one of the workers running the ride because he was being too aggressive and spraying the people on the deck.




Afterwards, we headed to Treasure Valley (just outside of Kuna, ID) to meet up with his siblings for a day of motorcycling and RZR-ing. :) Jared is so good about helping all of us have a great time, and I really appreciate the fact that he puts safety first, yet isn't afraid to encourage all of us to participate and try new things.

No comments: