A few weeks before Thanksgiving, we ventured off to Anaheim, California for a weeklong family vacation! We had been wanting to make this happen for a while now...so when the opportunity to go really presented itself (due to a work conference Jared had that week in Anaheim) -- we took full advantage!
We went to Disneyland when AnnMarie was only 3-yrs. old (and Carlie was 1), but this go around was SO PERFECT since all four of the kiddos were at FUN FUN ages to embrace the magic.
Luke was so cute with all the different characters we ran into!! Here's the play by play of him embracing one of his favorites:
Our first day there was one of the last days of Halloween Time at Disneyland, and our last day there was the first day of Disneyland at Christmas. I've always wanted to experience Disneyland at Halloween AND Christmastime, so we were so very fortunate to be able to experience BOTH!! Oh, how I wish I had a picture of the Haunted Mansion at Halloween Time!! It was unbelievable. We are grateful for every photo we took, but truly, ALL of our energy was spent keeping track of our kids in the midst of endless crowds and mayhem.
The Christmas Fantasy Parade, however, was well documented - haha!! I've never seen such color and excitement, my goodness!!
In other news, I'm so excited for 2018!! We had several unexpected surprises in 2017 -- some great...others, not so great -- but I know that regardless of what happens this year, changes are in store!! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and four happy, healthy children by my side through it all. Jared and I are looking forward to teaching the 15-yr. olds in Sunday School every week, and this year will begin my 3rd year of a 5-yr. endeavor to achieve a Master's Degree which I have grown SO MUCH from. I never would've thought that life would take me to so many different communities away from my beloved roots in Idaho, but I greatly appreciate every opportunity I've had to get to know God's children in various parts of the world.
Wishing you and yours all the best in the coming year!!

1 comment:
Disneyland was magical with your family. I loved every minute of it! You have a beautiful family and I'm looking forward to 2018 also. Good luck with all your endeavors. I'm very proud of you!
Post a Comment