Thursday, November 20, 2014

Diaper Free/Girls' Room

DSC 0838

 Hi everyone!  How has your week been?  School was cancelled today which was nice.  It’s been really cold outside and the freezing temperatures have turned our neighborhood into Ice-ville.  

I’m really excited to report that Gabe has been diaper free for almost three weeks now...including nights.  I had him in diapers for three nights after the first few days of success, but he kept waking up dry, and he started insisting on “undies” during nighttime, too.  I consider it a miracle because I haven’t done hardly anything to instigate this.  In fact, I’ve been fully preparing myself to have two little boys in diapers.  He basically woke up one Monday morning and said “No Mommy, No!” to diapers.  He’s a little obsessed with using the potty (like every 30 minutes), but he’s very consistent, and I couldn’t be more grateful.  We all praise him like crazy every single time though, too, in high hopes that we won’t have a regression here in the near future. ;)

With the new baby coming, we’ve decided to put both girls in the same room.  So far it’s been going better than I thought it would, and I’m really happy with how it looks which is a major plus.

DSC 0857

DSC 0861

Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about the amount of housework required to sustain a family, especially since I’ve had helping hands in & out of my home the past few weeks - allowing me to rest and get better.   More often than not our days as mothers tend to feel like a giant blur of preparing food, picking up little messes, folding laundry, doing dishes, making beds, mopping floors, wiping down something, on and on.  I came across this quote the other day that struck a chord with me.

  “Housework is constant.  It doesn’t stop when you’re having a bad day.  It doesn’t always feel fun.  It doesn’t always result in Hallmark moments.  However, if we look at housework as family work, and focus on how it encourages love, togetherness, and essential opportunities for meaningful conversations, we’ll find so much more joy in this process of motherhood.”  - April Perry

2 comments:

The Wolfleys said...

That is so nice that Gabe is potty trained, Christian has no interest at all which makes for a lot of diaper changes for this mommy! The girls room looks so cute. I am glad you are starting to feel better.

Steph Thomas said...

Their room is so cute and all matching!
Way to go GABE!!! That is awesome and even more awesome that you didn't have to do a whole lot. Matthew was definitely easier then Allison for me but Allison is stubborn and she decides when SHE wants to do something.