Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Darker the Night, Brighter the Stars

I am not afraid of the dark, but I do not like it.  As a little girl, nighttime was hard for me, but on clear, dark nights, I found comfort while focusing on the stars, especially the bright ones.  Sometimes darkness is thick - it’s impossible to see the stars - but regardless, they’re there…even when we can’t see them with the naked eye.

I know there will be times in each of our lives when darkness ensues, tempting us to feel engulfed by it’s heaviness.

But darkness always passes, beauty remains.  Light will always win.

I have so many things to be grateful for.  

I’m recovering from pneumonia right now which put me in the hospital last week (darkness), but my mom came to the rescue (bright star)!  She left this morning (darkness), but my house is spic ’n span and we’ve all been rejuvenated with good rest and delicious homemade food (major bright stars).  

 Despite my poor health the past several weeks (darkness), we still made memories that are worth blogging about (bright stars). :)

Pumpkin Patch Outing:

DSC 0739

DSC 0741

DSC 0744

DSC 0743

DSC 0756

Halloween:

(I know I shared these once already, but my Halloween post somehow got deleted.)

Halloween 2014 Collage

Jared took the kids trunk-or-treating in our church parking lot and trick-or-treating along our street.  I stayed in where it was cozy and answered the door for all the ghosts & ghouls & Elsa princesses that came to our door.  After that, Jared’s brother’s family came over that night for a fun visit.  Notice the monkey nose picker.  Lovely.

DSC 0833

School Pictures (two bright stars):

YZQPWV4E

^^^ I can’t believe she’s a 2nd grader! I love her so much; she has been an amazing helper to me, and I love how her hair matches her eyes. ^^^

W6SURC4E

^^^ Our cute kindergartner.  She’s about a foot shorter than everyone in her class, but she never lets it hold her back.  The other day she told me, “I’d be bragging if I talked about being small.  Not everyone is small, mom.”  ha, ha!  She is really big on organizing everything and loves learning how to read.  I absolutely love her and her fun perspective on life. ^^^

Double Rainbow:

A double rainbow surrounded our house early one morning last week.  By the time I grabbed my phone to take a picture, the second rainbow was almost gone.  It was nothing short of remarkable, and it brought me peace that day; I knew we were being watched over.

IMG 0293

“Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the LOVE of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know that they are HAPPY."

- Author Unknown

Photo

 

5 comments:

Julie said...

Great post Sharee! Loved spending time with you guys. You are all my bright stars.

Scott and Mandy said...

This was lovely. Halloween costumes were fabulous. Sorry you've been sick. Looks like you pulled it all together anyway. You amaze me all the time. Love you!

Stacey said...

I love this. Beautifully written!

Steph Thomas said...

Sick when you are pregnant...not good. I only have a cold and it hasn't been fun, now a sinus infection but nothing to put me in the hospital *fingers crossed*. Glad you are healthy and better. So wonderful that your mom could come and help out!!!!
Love all of your bright stars!!
YOU ARE A BRIGHT STAR IN MY LIFE!!!

JLH said...

Wow. What a crazy roller coaster! Sorry that things have been so crazy. It makes me smile to read your posts and see how you are finding the light and blessings in all situations. I don't think I would have handled pneumonia nearly as gracefully as you seem to have. You're incredible!