I love that Christmas has been celebrated. I love that we get to sleep in and that the whole house is quiet and partially lit from the winter wonderland peeking through our windows by 7 o'clock am. I love that all the kids are completely exhausted from the excitement of Christmas Day...and that we usually have no particular plans because Jared is home from work. I love that we can play boardgames ALL DAY and eat delicious leftovers. And I especially love that a new long year is on the horizon, "untouched, full of things that have never been (Rainer Maria Rilke)."
Today I let the kids delve into the gingerbread German cabins we made last week. In general, this was a HUGE PROJECT (all homemade), but when it finally came time to decorate the houses...it was well worth it! A friend of mine directed me to the tutorial on the beautiful website called: Frog Prince Paperie. The kids had SO MUCH FUN, and I loved watching their imaginations unfold!
We ended up doing it about a week after Luke's birthday, but in the future, my goal is to make "gingerbread operation" an annual tradition ON his birthday. :) I can't believe he's 3 years old!! He LOVES to snuggle, drink chocolate milk, wear hats, draw on EVERYTHING, and hang out w/Daddy and big brother. He woke up extra early on his birthday morning this year...so this is him smiling with a cute little sleepy glow.
One of the BEST moments this month was discovering this little event in the boys' bedroom, haha! Poor Luke got roped into being Gabe's whipping boy.
1 comment:
I'm so blessed that I get to part of this beautiful family. Thanks for letting me share in all your joy and these beautiful grandkids you have blessed my life with. Can't wait for another year filled with adventure. Love, Mom
Post a Comment