Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dancing in Argentina

Flamenco Musica had their end of year dance recital last Tuesday night.  AnnMarie was able to participate, & it turned out great.  As usual, it started very late at night (9:30 PM), but it was worth every yawn.

DSC07225

DSC07220

DSC07233

The courtyard outside the recital hall is made for romance.

DSC07244

DSC07242

DSC07246

DSC07241

I interpreted “Please bring a treat” as bringing cookies.  Apparently, it meant to bring dinner, a tablecloth, plates, silverware, napkins, beverages, & cups.  I guess I’ll know better for next time.  (We just play the dumb foreigner card in those type of situations.)  

DSC07251

This is my good friend Rosario & her husband.  She is so so good to me.  Their daughter, Dolores, is one of AnnMarie’s best friends.

DSC07252

The Flamenco Musica Chiquitas…

DSC07257

DSC07261

DSC07260

DSC07268

Phew! We made it.

(I too felt a huge sense of accomplishment when she finished this recital.  You should have seen me trying to teach her those moves.  It’s hard work moving hips & wearing high heels, man alive.) 

4 comments:

shelly said...

Too funny! She looks so adorable in that flamenco dress. And I love that you can play the foreigner card in such situations =)

Marcie said...

AnnMarie really does look adorable in that dress. What a neat experience for her to be on the dance team!

Katie said...

So fill me in. Last I saw you, you were still living in the states. Your family moved to Argentina? I haven't read back far enough to figure it out myself! Plus I wanted to say hi and you are so sweet!! I hope you guys are doing well!

Julie Jackson said...

VERY CUTE! Love ya