Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Rising Together

I used to think of charity as love’s companion:  a giving heart, unconditional acceptance, service, a heart warming story about a person showing an unusual amount of patience or care, taking the higher road, or simply being kind no matter what.  

But as a wife and mother I’ve been learning that charity is much much more.

I see it every day in my husband's willingness to leave for work at 6:30 am to provide for our family.  I see it in my daughters as they forgive each other time & time again (after little tiffs that happen daily)!  I see it in my 2 year old son's excitement to show his little brother every single one of his dinosaurs…and I see it in my baby’s smile, especially the ones when his whole body gets into it!

I’ve also experienced charity as a recipient of little acts of love on days when I needed them most.  Often times it’s the little things that make the biggest difference...texts/phone calls/messages of love and encouragement.  I am so grateful to those individuals and family members who have consistently helped, lifted, and rejoiced with me in my effort to become my very best self through my grief.  

“True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior”  (Boyd K. Packer).  I am so grateful for the enduring power of charity…that we can better ourselves as we lift each other and rise together.  

DSC 1485

  

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a darling picture. Sweet memories made. You are right, there is Charity in daily acts, over and over again. Thanks for showing me charity in all you are, and do. Love you.