Carlie celebrated her 6th birthday in May, so birthday season has officially begun around here! We spent the day together as a family, opened gifts, ate her favorite dinner (which was Hawaiian haystacks this year - I love how it keeps changing), and shared a buttermilk chocolate cake. I remember when we were trying to decide on a name for this sweet little bundle of joy. Jared & I both loved the name Carlie from the get-go. Her middle name came with some extra thought, but despite her screaming entrance, she was a JOY from the very beginning. Her Grandma Wolfley’s middle name is Joyce, and we loved that similarity, too. Carlie has always had such a cute smile with a hearty laugh...and oh, those pretty blue eyes.
(Carlie, age 4)
So without further ado, I present SIX things that we all love about Carlie.
1. Carlie is a girly girl. She loves all things princess-y including fancy hairdos, accessories, and dress up.
2. She loves games, and she’s a good sport about them! Whether it be a matching game, a board game, an outdoor game, or any other type of game...count her in!
3. Carlie is a nurturer. She fills up those big sister shoes pretty darn nicely. Her inner conflict usually comes down to whether or not she should be a mom or a mermaid when she grows up; she’s torn.
4. This girl is an athlete, and although she can be reckless at times, she faces her challenges head on. You know how some kiddos are just built tough? She’s one of those kiddos.
5. I think she might be ahead of her years on this one, but Carlie is a tease. She’s learning that not all people get her jokes, so we’re trying to help her mature into this side of her personality a little bit more all the time.
6. And last but not least, she is a happy helper. Any mom who has a happy helper knows how truly great this is!!
(Carlie after opening a birthday package from Grandma Julie)
We love you, Carlie Joy!