Monday, June 8, 2015

May Little Things

DSC01615

Jared took the girls fishing last month at the Columbia Park Pond.  They both caught 3 fish each in about 30 minutes!  I’m so glad these girls have a daddy who loves them more than anything.  

Before finishing this post, I took the time to go through a few older posts from years passed, and it literally took my breath away to see how much these kids of mine have grown.  Time is marching on, and although I love watching my babies blossom into children, it pulls at my heartstrings sometimes!

DSC01617

 

DSC01618

DSC01620

In all the busyness of the end-of-school year mayhem, I was called to be the new primary president in a new ward in a brand new church building.  What a whirlwind these past 6 weeks have been.  Our primary is full of over 100 outstanding children, and I truly love each one of them.  To be honest, I was concerned at first that I wouldn’t be able to handle all the responsibilities placed on my shoulders in this calling, especially with a baby and the wheel of grief I find myself stuck in most days.  I’m learning to reorganize my life though, trying new patterns of behavior, and really stretching myself to develop new skills with a renewed sense of who I am and what Heavenly Father wants me to become.  I love the ladies I work with, and I know this calling is a gift of growth more than anything else.  

I never knew Sundays could be so long, yet so rewarding.

DSC 1494

One of my favorite parts about this calling has been the 8-year-old baptisms that take place every month.  My daughter’s baptism is coming up next month which will be a special occasion for sure; I’m really looking forward to it.  Here’s a picture of the cute Haynie twins with their family on their baptism day last month.

DSC 1548

Mother’s Day was a beautiful day.  It means more and more to me each year.  The kids gave me a colorful bouquet of flowers, and Gabe was intrigued with them all week long.  He kept asking me if I loved my flowers…or not.

DSC 1579

DSC 1586

There’s more I’d like to share, but I’ll hit it again tomorrow.  The boys’ nap time is precious time, so I’ll leave you with some encouragement for the week from a beloved apostle, Elder L. Tom Perry, who passed away not quite two weeks ago.  I’ve been thinking a lot about him and his exemplary life.

“Stay fast to the principles our Lord and Savior has taught us.  Do not compromise on His principles.  Do not think you’re smart enough to change His law and His direction because it will never work.  Six thousand years or so has proven the fact that every time people stray from His ways that He has taught us from the beginning, they find heartache, disappointment, discouragement and really don’t find the joy in life." 

2 comments:

Julie said...

So fun to see the girls fishing! I remember doing that as a little girl. My Dad would take me to Ashton. Gabe is so handsome and growing up. You're doing awesome and I am so proud of you Sharee. There is nothing greater than being a Mom.

Malory Jensen said...

Sharee that is so neat about your new calling. I am the primary president in our ears and I know how you feel exactly. Church days are crazy busy but rewarding (sometimes haha)