Thursday, July 2, 2015

Family ties & a doberman named Odin

Last month we received some special visitors on their way to Northern Idaho.  My little brother & his wife stopped in for a few days with their doberman pinscher, Odin.  

Contrary to popular belief, dobermans are actually very good with children.  Their strength can be intimidating, but their protective qualities are incredible.  I know my kiddos were delighted to see Nate & Emmy, but I think they were particularly endeared to Odin.

DSC01635

Hmmm…who’s walking who?  It’s hard to tell.

DSC01632

We had a nice picnic at the park.  I love our beautiful park; it’s a definite plus in our subdivision.

DSC01637

DSC01642

Check out the haunted mansion in the background.  (The original land owner of all the lots in our subdivision unexpectedly passed away a few years ago in the process of building his house.  It’s changed hands, but progress is slow - kind of an eye sore, but it makes for some tall tales.)

DSC 1803

DSC01647

In our troubled world, I couldn’t be more grateful for the knowledge I have that families are forever!  There’s been a lot of fuss lately surrounding the family unit.  How blessed I feel to have God’s unchanging laws!  A good friend of mine recently shared this thought on social media, and I couldn’t agree more: 

"Life is wonderful people.  Hug someone you love.  Hug someone you don't like.  Smile.  Sing and dance around your house!  Serve your neighbor.  No legislator or supreme court is going to determine my ultimate happiness or misery.” - B. Hammond

While the world continues to worry about redefining marriage, I’m going to keep loving my family and embracing the future.  Yes…life is wonderful people.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I love these pics! They totally emulate what summer is all about. Hope you're having a fabulous one!

Julie said...

Life is wonderful! Especially with a daughter like you.