Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Early Mornings

Something I’ve learned about myself over the years is that I seem to function much better - emotionally, spiritually, physically - when I manage to start the day early.  Luke has been waking up earlier than usual the past few weeks, so instead of fighting it and trying to put him back to sleep, I’ve been going on a nice walk through the neighborhood.  As I look back over the past 8 years of having babies, nursing, meeting the demands of young children day in & day out, I find that I'd usually need sleep more than a walk (I’d consider myself lucky if I got either of those, ha!), but I’m glad to be getting into the groove of starting my day earlier.

DSC 1796

DSC 1798

DSC 1805

Luke is my serious little soul.  He listens to me talk and pray as we enjoy the serenity of those morning hours.  I think our spirits understand each other. :)

3 comments:

JLH said...

Phineas is an early riser as well, and I am just wrapping my head around embracing getting up early. Mornings go so much better when I just embrace it.

Stacey said...

Sharee- I've been learning that mornings are my friend too. It's kind of hard to accept, but my days are so much brighter and better when I get up before my kiddos and have time to read my scriptures and pray. Luke looks like a good morning friend. He looks so sweet! Love you friend!!

Scott and Mandy said...

He looks so intense like, "How can I help you Mom? You seem like you're having a tough moment." haha Too adorable. Love his perfect hair.