Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Floor 14 & The MTC

In our preparations to head South, we went to Salt Lake last week – all 4 of us.  We flew out of Pasco early early Wednesday morning & took a straight through flight to Salt Lake.  It was a miracle…flying to Salt Lake in literally 1 hour & 10 minutes as opposed to what would have been a 12-13 hour drive.  I know, I’m old fashioned, but I don’t care.

We spent most of that day on Temple Square, in particularly Floor 14 of the Church Office Building. The girls loved getting their fingerprints taken.  I wish I had a picture of that, but I was too wiped out to think straight. 

DSC05866

 

DSC05855

The next morning was spent at the MTC.  Our main purpose in going there was to meet with the Argentine Consulate.  This was an amazing experience.  Security was extremely tight.  We spent our morning with all the missionaries departing to Argentina next week.  The Spirit was overwhelming.  We were so happy to be a part of the MTC that day.  We met some exceptional missionaries & even had the chance to see Elder Holland for a moment.

DSC05884

DSC05869

DSC05885

On a much different note, during the night before we went to the MTC, our fire alarm went off at 4 AM & again at 6 AM.  Apparently, our room was the only one “on fire.”  Nothing was wrong, but it made for an exhausting day.  My 6 AM phone conversation with the front desk went something like this – they called me.

Front Desk: Ma’am, what is going on?!

Me: What?! I was just about to ask you the same thing!  We are trying to sleep here, but it’s impossible. I have two little girls &…

Front Desk:  Ma’am, your personal safety is my concern, & I have….siblings, okay?! I completely understand.  This is not my fault!

Me: Look, this is not about you. I’m not attacking you.  I’m just a little confused as to why…

Front Desk:  I really appreciate that.  I’m doing the best I can. I will take care of this. I’ve done this before…

(By that point, I just figured the guy was delusional.  Luckily, my husband is good at laughing about crazy things.  If you can laugh later, you might as well laugh now I guess). 

3 comments:

Stacey said...

ShareBear- You should have just come and stayed with me. I'm only 45 min. from the Salt Lake airport and my fire alarm didn't even go off. Plus I could have offered you the luxury and comfort of a futon mattress. :)

Marcie said...

Sounds like quite an ordeal. Hopefully it's not an indication of how things are going to go during the actual move. :)

shelly said...

lol, I like the phone conversation. Do you often call staff at early hours to attack them? I thought you might be that kind of person =) Anyway, that last MTC picture brings back such awesome memories. A lovely place to visit!