Monday, January 5, 2015

A Book Shower

DSC01478

A few sweet friends of mine (two sisters) threw a book shower for baby Luke and me on Saturday afternoon, November 15th.  If you knew Jenni and Hayley, you would know that everything was above and beyond.  I’m so bummed that I didn’t get a picture of those two girls, but then again, they were busy bustling around - making everything amazing the entire time. :)

Since Jared & I felt like we had enough baby stuff already, a book shower was the perfect way to welcome our new little guy.  When our family left Argentina 18 months ago, we donated many of our children’s books to an English Learning Center in El Quebracho.  Needless to say, our library is replenished now and all of my kiddos have benefited from it!

DSC01475

^^^ Such amazing women and friends.  I feel so blessed. ^^^

DSC01476

DSC01479

I really enjoyed an afternoon of woman talk. :)  I honestly can’t remember the last time I did that!!  It was definitely a boost, and I still feel so honored that I was pampered with such love and effort.

(And I’m pretty sure I’m enjoying all these books just as much as my little ones are.) 

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Looks like fun! So glad you have good friends there to take care of you, but I'm kind of jealous that I didn't get to come.:) Love ya!

Julie said...

How fun and what a great idea! Can't wait to read some of those books to my grand babies.

The Wolfleys said...

What a clever idea. I was so sad I couldn't make it.