Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A few favorite moments I want to remember (from October)

Do you ever feel like we live in a world where there’s just way too much information out there?  Gasp.  I do.  I can only imagine how someone living in the 1930s would feel about that assessment.  Those who are close to me know that I really don’t like social media!  I keep giving it a whirl, and without fail, I really really don’t enjoy the obligation towards it or some of the non-essential information it fills my brain space with!  I’ll get off my soap box, but basically, I think our society could use a major social media hiatus.  Either that, or I just require a lot of brain space - probably the latter, haha!  I discovered this quote and have been pondering it:

“What information consumes is rather obvious; it consumes the attention of it’s recipients.  Hence a wealth of information creates a poverty of attention.”  - Herbert Simon 

But one thing I’ve learned about myself over the years is that I genuinely enjoy blogging - so I’ll keep doing that.  There’s something about it - reflecting, documenting, and sharing - that keeps my heart happy and my mind organized.  That being said, I managed to capture a few favorite moments from October that I wanted to share.  

DSC 2081

^^^ Luke is walking! ^^^

DSC 1938

^^^^ General Conference cinnamon rolls (my favorite weekend ever) ^^^

DSC 2016

DSC 2019

DSC 2023

DSC 2026

DSC 2035

DSC 2040

DSC 2041

^^^ Ward Halloween Carnival that the Primary was over (fun times) ^^^

DSC 2049

^^^ a man of many talents (the attire says it all) ^^^

DSC01868

DSC01869

DSC01880

^^^ Fall Festival at the Country Mercantile with Mom & Brad ^^^

DSC 2051

^^^ an amazing weekend with Aunt Emmy & Uncle Nate ^^^

DSC 2059

^^^ Trick-or-Treating in the rain ^^^

DSC 1994

^^^ and last but not least, lazy afternoons with my buddy Gabe ^^^ 

1 comment:

Julie said...

These pictures are amazing. I LOVE MY GRANDKIDS and family. Families are Forever. Never forget that. Thanks for sharing your life with me. I'm so blessed to be your Mom.