Monday, January 25, 2016

A Glimpse of Thanksgiving 2015

DSC01881

Thanksgiving 2015 was spent in Idaho at the Wolfley homestead.  My mother-in-law always does a great job making everything feel fancy and comfortable all at the same time.  All 19 of us were there which was a first!  Jared’s older sister, Kristen, from Utah; her husband, Richard, and their four kids - Kate, Will, Drew, and Claire; and Jared’s younger brother, Clint, from Boise; his wife, Katie, and their three kids - Max, Christian, and Charlee. 

Everyone pitched in to make it a success.  Jared did a great job carving the turkey, Katie made the most delicious rolls, my father-in-law gave a prayer of thanks, and the kids ate & ran around like wild monkeys.  AnnMarie nonchalantly imposed my dad’s favorite Thanksgiving tradition before the prayer which was always for everyone to say one thing they're thankful for - something that starts with the first letter of their name.   

DSC01886

^^^ Drew enjoying himself ^^^

DSC01887

^^^ Carlie extra happy to be able to spend time with her cousin Claire ^^^

DSC01885

After a very filling feast, we loaded up the kids and sang "over the sagebrush and through the fields to Grandmother Julie’s house we go,” haha!  My mom hosted a Thanksgiving Feast of her own, too, so we were able to share some pie with extended family in the house that built me...and play some good ole Turkey BINGO.  Oh my goodness, it was so funny!  I wish I would’ve taken a few pictures of that; it was pretty entertaining.  It brought tears to my eyes hearing a house-full of laughter from the edge of the driveway as we pulled up that cold afternoon.

DSC01893

^^^ Marley, Madi, and Carlie ^^^

I love having opportunities to be surrounded by family.  It’s one of the great joys of my life and something I look forward to creating as the years go by.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Loved this post! Really missing my home in Pingree. Thanksgiving was a beautiful day !