Monday, September 19, 2011

I’m Definitely In South America

DSC06635

Oh, wow.  We made it to Argentina.  We finally made it!  I spent all of last week in our house getting ready to leave.  Movers came & family came.  It was exciting & exhausting.  I cleaned every square inch of our house.  I packed & repacked…& repacked again.  I slept on an air mattress & ate out of a cooler in our nearly vacant home.  It was a good good week to remember. 

We have been in our Argentine apartment now for about 2 days.  It took a full day getting to Atlanta, Georgia from Pasco.  From there we flew over 10 hours to Argentina on a red-eye flight.  When we finally arrived, we drove about 5 hours to Venado Tuerto, our new hometown.  Sheesh!  And the greatest miracle, I somehow managed to refrain from being a blubbering mess through it all.

I have some fun pictures of our journey, but my feet & back are not holding up (I miss my carpet)!   I’m headed to bed, so in the meantime, I have to share some pictures of when Grandma & Grandpa Wolfley came to visit us in Kennewick before we left.

DSC06579

DSC06582

DSC06560

DSC06573

DSC06585

DSC06583

At the time, I thought the Pasco, Washington Farmers Market was surely a preview of Argentina, but oh, I was wrong.  Very very wrong. 

(Excited Sharee is still excited – just undergoing a little (okay major) culture shock).

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I've been thinking so much about you and wondering how the traveling went--especially with 2 little ones. I am so excited for you and admire your courage and excitement (or insanity:)) for being so willing to make such a bold move!!! Love you, Sharee, and hope everything is going well with the adjustment!!!

rkkorth said...

I have been thinking about you guys and are so glad you made it. We are going to miss you so much. Be safe and keep us updated..Give the girls a hug from us!

shelly said...

Glad you made it! I hope you get 5 days of sleep after that =)

Katie said...

So glad you made it! We've been thinking about you guys a lot. Can't wait to see more pictures after you get a little more adjusted.

Steph said...

Hi Sharee! I saw the link to your blog from facebook. SO exciting that you are in Argentina! My husband served there! Can't wait to hear more of life down there!

Mikele said...

Missing you and your sweet girls. Gymnastics just isn't as fun without you:) I can't wait to see pics of your new home!

Malory Jensen said...

Glad you made it safely! I enjoyed all your pictures!

Meli said...

Oh my goodess! you guys are in south america?? wooowww I envy you!;D...well by now I m used to the USA i guess. You will have so much fun,i cant wait yto see what you guys will be doing and more pics...oh and could you visit us in Bolivia too? maybe a thought:D
anyway, have fun!!
PS: your girls are SO pretty!

Julie Jackson said...

Hi Sharee,
Loved seeing my little munchies! Find something to smile about everyday. Hope you are loving Argentina.

Love, Mom