Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Change In View

DSC06697

DSC06699-1

I use to think I did a lot of dishes, but now, I definitely do A LOT of dishes.  The view outside my kitchen window is much different than it use to be.

No worries.

You may think that not having a dishwasher would be a bad thing, BUT it’s not I tell you!  Yes, it kind of stinks having to wash…& rinse…& dry every single dish by hand, but lots of dishwashing makes for lots of thinking.

Living in South America certainly has it’s challenges, but so does living in North America, or living anywhere in the world for that matter.  I’ve come to realize that no matter where one might live, for a self-directed individual, life changes constantly.  People change, circumstances change, needs, options, stressors – they all change.  Our view outside the kitchen window may change.  But the wonderful thing is, we can make all these changes work for us, not against us.  We choose how we will react to change.  Yep, we choose for ourselves.  Will I gripe or will I grin?  Hmmm…I think the latter is much more pleasant for myself & more importantly, for others.

So…in the meantime, I guess I’ll just get up and dance for a group of 40 Argentines.

DSC06832

AnnMarie’s school had an EXPO last Friday.  All family members of students were invited to attend school for the day.  During music time, AnnMarie volunteered herself & I to show everyone how to dance.  I could have died, seriously, but instead, I grinned & just laughed right along with everyone else.

DSC06834

7 comments:

shelly said...

That's adorable! Awesome view!

mathews said...

I love reading your blog. It is fun to follow your little family and the experiences you are having. Thanks for sharing!

Julie Jackson said...

I don't know what kind of dance the two of you did, but it looked fun! That is one big Dice. Your view out your Kitchen window beats the Beet Field view out my window. Glad your choice is to grin. We love you lots,
Mom

Marcie said...

You are a good sport for dancing in front of the whole class. I would have died!! I'm so glad things are going well for you guys so far. I'm enjoying your updates!

Steph Thomas said...

Wow, that is pretty brave. I hope you had some music to move to. Then that makes it a little easier. That is awesome that she volunteered both of you. I need to choose to grin more and I have actually been trying more lately instead of worrying about everything.

Bryn said...

You are WAY too cute Sheree! I love your blog so keep posting :)

Lisa said...

I loved this post. You inspire me.