Monday, October 3, 2011

A Park To Ourselves

DSC06762

Last weekend, we drove about 40 miles to Camp Kilgrumen which is roughly a 20-acre site for all church youth camps (including treks) this side of Argentina.  It was beautiful, very interesting, & a little spooky being out there all by ourselves, but we did see a diverse species of trees & birds which was fascinating.  Jared encouraged me to become a Dendrochronologist  (A what?  Sorry honey, but after looking it up, I decided that being a mother is definitely a better fit). 

DSC06718

In the summertime (which is coming up), full-time senior missionaries live in this house with purple trees.  (AnnMarie’s favorite color is purple, so she was loving this).

DSC06723  

DSC06725

DSC06733

Where did my children go?

DSC06759

DSC06760

Found them.

DSC06739-1

Are feather bouquets safe?  I’m scared.

DSC06751

DSC06772

The girls asked if we could please please stop at McDonald’s on the way back home.  Now THAT gave us a good laugh. 

2 comments:

shelly said...

My dear girls, that probably is the hardest part about not being home, no McD's!! just kidding. What beautiful pictures! I'm seriously jealous of this adventure you're on with your family =)

Steph Thomas said...

Good thing they were wearing girly colors or they would have really gotten lost.
Mother is a better fit for anyone I think.