Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bring on the BLUE!!!

IT’S A BOY!!

It’s official!  Baby #3 is a BOY!!  We can’t believe it!!  Seriously?!!  I’m still in shock.  AnnMarie has wanted a brother from the start.  I was prepping her for another sister because she was so adamant about having a brother.  The night before I found out, we had a long talk.  She resolved that she would be happy with whatever Heavenly Father gave us.  Here is her reaction to the news:

Our little tender heart

On the morning of the appointment, I wasn’t sure if I would receive the comprehensive ultrasound.  After all, it was my first appointment with a doctor here in the United States, but when Dr. R found out that I wouldn’t be here much longer, he ordered the ultrasound & worked me in that morning. 

I was all by myself, & I was so nervous, but so excited.  It certainly wasn’t ideal that my hubby was out in the middle of nowhere in South America, but he was prepared to find out over the phone.  The gender wasn’t determined until the very end of the ultrasound.  I gasped, I screamed, & I cried (just a little) which I’m sure I would’ve done no matter what we were having.  I drove to a random parking lot (Target…I think) & called Jared.  It was priceless.  I couldn’t see his face, but he was beaming for sure.  Here we come trucks, tournaments, & …ER visits (j/k, hopefully not).

BRING ON THE BLUE!!

6 comments:

Malory Jensen said...

That is awesome!! I bet you couldn't believe it! I think I will be in shock if I ever have a boy!

Steph Thomas said...

Oh my goodness!! I have never seen a little person be so happy they cry. That was priceless. Thanks for sharing. I actually cried also when I found out Matthew was a boy. I wanted a boy first and it was so exciting when it happened. For you, I am sure it was even more so. Congratulations!!!

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

That was priceless! How exciting! Congratulations! Hope you are enjoying your visit and get back to your hubby safe and sound. Hallie and Megan say hi! They miss your family too. :)

Marcie said...

You are going to be so glad someday you caught that moment on video. It made me tear up also.

Kate said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! And I love Ann Marie's reaction. Adorable!

Rachelle said...

congrats! boys are awesome.