Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Morgan Weekend

I arrived in the United States just before Memorial weekend.  My journey stopped in Salt Lake this time which I was very happy about.  I’m not sure I could’ve prodded the girls back onto another plane to Idaho Falls. 

My sister-in-law, Kristen, picked us up and took us to her house in Morgan for the weekend.  This was a very good thing.  My girls were dying for some much needed cousin time, and I was dying for a nap. ;)  Kristen is an awesome mother.  Suffice it to say that this woman knows how to get things done with a smile on her face.  I look up to her…a lot.

Carlie & Claire are little buddies AND they have the same letters in their names.  Now that’s cool.

1-DSC08503

AnnMarie moniters the two of them, but mostly hangs out with her debate partner, Drew.

1-DSC08505

I’m sad that I didn’t get any pictures of AnnMarie & Drew together, but I will later on this summer.  They’ll both be starting kindergarten this fall, & they’re both too smart for their own good.  Their conversations are worth documenting. 

Drew: This particular animal has particularly long legs.

AnnMarie: Is it a grasshopper?

Drew: No, I think that’s an insect.

AnnMarie: What about a sloth?

This next one was pretty good, too:

AnnMarie: Drew, you need to eat your eggs.

Drew: I know AnnMarie.

AnnMarie: They’re loaded with protein, and they’ll give you lots of energy.

Drew: Yeah, I know.

Too funny.  Little Einsteins I say.

Kate & Will are both amazingly talented – loved loved hanging out with them and getting to know them better.  They both helped prepare a pre-birthday celebration for Carlie.  Will was awesome at helping me make the cupcakes by the way.

1-DSC08484

Each cousin made a homemade card for her.  Yeah, we’ll be saving those forever.  Check-out AnnMarie’s homemade sticker book.

1-DSC08487

I wish I had more pictures. :(  My brain is in a hundred places trying to hold it together with this new transition again.  Still waiting for Captain Wolfley to join us.  All is well, but I can’t wait to see my hubby again in a few more weeks.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Yeah for cousins! I am so glad you guys made it back safely. I can't wait to see you & the girls and hopefully your new little man.

Stacey said...

Morgan? Really. You were 45 minutes from my house. I'm glad the flight went well. I'm going to be in ID this weekend. Are you going to the hs reunion?

Julie Jackson said...

Darling pictures! They are all cute as buttons! Love ya