Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hey Gabe, I think you’re cute and stuff

1-033

This little guy is 9 months old now.  We love him to pieces.  His charming smile makes me literally shake my head and smile with my mouth closed.  Yeah, I’m pretty sure he’ll be a heart breaker someday.

It’s been a new experience for me…raising a baby in South America, but I’ve learned so much about going with the flow, slowing down, and just doing my best - forgetting the rest.

He scoots everywhere, but he’s starting to figure out that he can get up on all fours.  I’ve been a little worried about having all hard floors (with the exception of our rug), but he’s handling it like a champ.

Like most little guys, he loves loves loves to eat.  My girls were Gerber babies for the most part, but down here I don’t have that option, and that’s okay, I don’t think I’d have it any other way.  (To all you mommies that have made your baby food homemade with each child from the beginning, I say, ‘you’re amazing.’)  Yes, it can be kind of a pain to cook, blend, and freeze every ounce of food that goes into his tummy, but it’s natural, healthy, and he loves it.  It’s been fun to try out new foods, too, that I never would have thought of before, like avocados, watermelon, and eggplant (seriously).  The variety has been fun.

Basically, I can’t really imagine not having our Gabe around.  He keeps us on our toes, and I love his sweet way. 

Happy Easter everyone!

2 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

That is very cute. I didn't make my food with Matthew but with Allison my MIL bought me a food processor and I was able to make her food. I am not as adventurous as you though:)

Malory Jensen said...

What a cutie! I really should try making my own baby food. I am so impressed! I think he is such a good mix of you and Jared