Friday, November 11, 2011

I Love America

DSC04109

America, the abundant, the place I was born
I'll cherish till the day I die!
Where the bones of past heroes lie buried in the ground
Who loved her the same as I.

That flag on the hill with red and white stripes
Proves America's dreams come true.
A country of heroes who line up to protect
The past, the present, and the few.

I’ll never be afraid to be proud of America
I’ll march with the brave and the just!
Refusing to submit to the will of our enemies
Standing firm to preserve what we trust.

(Excerpts from “Proud To Be An American” by Tom Zart)

Happy Veteran’s Day to all who have sacrificed their lives & time in preserving America, the greatest country in the world. 

We cherish you.

1 comment:

Julie Jackson said...

Keep waving that flag Carlie!!
Love ya, Grandma